Tuesday 3 April 2012

A beautiful Evil - Kelly Keaton

Title: A beautiful Evil
Author: Kelly Keaton
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 285
Release Date: February 21st 2012
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library
Also known for: Darkness becomes her.
Rating: 4

A beautiful evil is the second installment in the Gods & Monsters series. It managed to out-shine its predecessor in every way. I was not to impressed with the first installment but I always believe in second chances so I picked this one up in the hopes that it would be better. It took me a little while to get back into the story after a year but this was done smoothly.

Basically the story picks up where Darkness becomes her left off, with Violet and Ari's father in the clutches of Athena. She also has to come to terms with the reality of her destiny and fears that this will drive the gorgeous Sebastian away.  Her training continues and she tries to gain control of her powers in order to rescue her loved ones and defeat the evil Athena.

The story was fast-paced and action-packed, I powered through this without rest, so great was my need for more. Ari is still the same sassy girl as always and despite her own self-doubt she is one of the strongest heroines in YA at the moment. After reading this I can see what she is going to do in the next or few next installments. Is this a trilogy? I'm not sure. In any case its going to be EPIC. Cannot wait!

Review also seen on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/191579967

No comments:

Post a Comment