Monday 16 April 2012

Magic under stone - Jaclyn Dolamore

Title: Magic under stone
Author: Jaclyn Dolamore
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Date of publication: February 28 2012
Pages: 291
Series: Magic under
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library
Also known for: Magic under glass, Between the sea and sky.
Rating: 4

I really enjoyed Magic under glass and so I really looked forward to reading this one. Isn't the cover gorgeous? This is a fun and fluffy read about a lost fairy prince trapped in a clockwork body and the young dancing girl who set him free. Erris is unhappy and tortured in his fragile body and not even Nimira can break him out of his funk. Nimira in turn fears the Erris is changing and starts to wonder if they can truly overcome this obstacle. I liked this aspect of their relationship because it was very realistic. We also have the introduction of a couple of new characters - Erris's niece Violet and the Jinn. I did not particularly care for them. I also thought that this was rather rushed and cramped. I know that Jaclyn was asked to wrap it up in this book but there were some unanswered questions and it just wasn't enough to satisfy me completely. This could have been perfect! I wanted to see more of Erris and Nimira at the end. Overall, I really liked this one. Well worth the read if you have read the first.

Review also seen on: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/312738506

No comments:

Post a Comment